Tracing way back from the early days of outsourcing, businesses first doubted its effectivity. Later on, organisations started to see the potential and took the risk of utilising what the strategy offers to build a better business.
For a long time, entrepreneurs believed that outsourcing is only reserved for huge companies. That’s why small-medium businesses were intimidated for a long time and does not even consider outsourcing. But now, most small businesses are the biggest beneficiaries of this strategy. Thanks to technology for making it easier to outsource tasks and services all over the world.
Most business owners agree that what stalls a business from growing is the entrepreneur’s belief that they can do it all because of their talents.
While outsourcing remains to be a great business strategy, not everyone has fully understood what it means to outsource your services, what to outsource, and when? This blog was made to address all these concerns and a few guidelines on how to build a better business with outsourcing.
How do you know if it’s time to outsource?
The timeline for every business to outsource differs. They do not follow the same timeline nor set an identical process even for the same field. Normally, businesses maintain an in-house staff for their core services. But if they are planning to expand, outsourcing is a good strategy to make use of.
Here are the signs that you might need to consider outsourcing:
- You’re spending all-day doing administrative tasks instead of your expertise.
- You feel overwhelmed working on your business.
- You have turned down an opportunity because you can’t keep up on the production.
- Sales are declining.
- Production time gets doubled.
- You’ve been focusing on routinary tasks.
These are only just a few of the telltale signs that you should be looking out for if you want to know if its already time to outsource your tasks or services.
Knowing when to outsource your services is one thing, but identifying the benefits that you’ll get from outsourcing is another.
What tasks/services should you outsource?
Keep in mind to evaluate all your tasks and services using the outsourcing decision matrix before delegating anything. These days, almost any task can be outsourced with a huge pool of skilled professionals as freelancers or contractors. However, just because you can outsource doesn’t mean you should. Take a good look at your tasks and identify which are part of your core competencies and then keep them close to you.
The types of tasks that are best outsourced fall into these three general categories:
- Highly skilled, or executive, expertise
- Highly repetitive tasks
- Specialised knowledge
The right outsourcing partner
Finding the right contractor is the most important part of outsourcing. Among the thousands of outsourcing companies that offer the same services, countries like India and the Philippines are at the top.
It won’t be easy to choose one, so you should examine these factors first before picking one from the pool of probable right outsourcing partner.
- Company background – this includes past projects, client feedbacks, achievements, and experience
- Pricing – think of the prices that will work best for you and your company’s budget
- Employee retention – a great outsourcing company knows how to treat their employees well
- Certified outsourcing partner – pays their taxes on time and follows the rules required by the government
- Location/office – visit the actual site and see the whole office set-up
Outsourcing is a good business strategy that can provide actual results if professionally handled by an expert in the field. It can help increase your sales and make your business grow in the long run.