Offloading specific tasks to outsourced staff can be a great way to scale your business. It doesn’t simply help reduce overhead costs for more staff; it also enables you to focus on the core business. So, if you’re considering passing on some of your workloads to an offshore team, here are the top five tasks you can outsource:
- Data entry – Data entry is one of the most commonly outsourced tasks. This is because it is relatively simple and does not require a lot of training. Furthermore, data-entry tasks are often time-consuming, especially if you have a large amount of data to input. Outsourcing this task can free your time to focus on more critical tasks.
- Customer service – While there’s no denying that customer service is one of the pillars of any business and that you’d be best served if you can keep it in-house, the task can be incredibly demanding, especially during peak season. Most companies hire outsourced staff to handle customer service during these times. It helps that most staffing companies have a dedicated and, more importantly, seasoned team of customer service professionals ready to go at a moment’s notice. They’re easy to train and can be a tremendous asset during these times.
- Research – The world is filled with talented researchers, and outsourcing this task can save you time. Many research-based jobs, such as market research, data analysis, and even primary research, can be outsourced. All of these tasks can be time-consuming and focus-draining. Outsourcing this task is a great way to get accurate and up-to-date information without doing all the legwork yourself. Make sure to give your outsourced staff detailed instructions, and you’ll be all set.
- Graphic design – Having access to a global talent pool for graphic design professionals can help find that fresh pair of eyes for your project. So, this task is also a favourite for offshore staffing. However, it’s important to remember that not all graphic designers available actually have the basics down to pat. So, for these tasks, organisations need to be slightly more discriminating regarding credentials and talent.
- Web development – While web developers used to be highly technical, requiring in-depth coding knowledge, that is no longer the case. With the advent of user-friendly content management systems (CMSs), web development has become much more accessible. Outsourcing this task can be a great way to save time and money, especially if you don’t already have the in-house expertise. Please coordinate your in-house and offshore web developers, as the slightest miscommunication can cause massive delays.
There are plenty of other tasks that can be easily handed over to outsourced staff. Bookkeeping, for example, is an age-old task that can be easily learned and performed by someone without prior experience. The important thing is to carefully consider what tasks are best suited for outsourcing before deciding to do so. Outsourcing the wrong task can lead to subpar results. But when done right, it can be an extremely effective way to improve your business. So, what are some of the tasks that you would consider outsourcing?