16th of February, 2023, Outsource Accelerator, the world’s leading outsourcing marketplace and advisory, announced The Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index.
The Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index ranks BPO firms globally based on an objective and comprehensive analysis of 2,300+ firms.
What you need to know about the Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index
- The Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index archives, analyses and compares all known outsourcing firms globally. The index delivers a great indicator of a company’s reputation and prominence.
- Following 18 months of rigorous development, the methodology provides an efficient way to track companies’ headway, conduct cross-company comparisons, and establish a reliable ranking system.
- The Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index is a crucial tool to assist decision-makers with granular comparison and a broad but objective assessment of the industry as a whole.
- Unlike the Time Doctor OA500 which focuses only on the world’s top 500 BPO firms, the Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index gathers, sorts, and evaluates all known outsourcing firms globally.
- The Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index is an essential tool in assisting the BPO decision-making community with a broad but objective assessment of the industry at large.
The Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index uses objective data to rank all outsourcing firms globally.
- Assessing and ranking BPOs
Through meticulous research, the Outsource Accelerator team carried months to develop a comprehensive and objective scoring methodology to rank these BPO firms by their prominence.
The team had to gather several metadata points that pertain to different facets of the company and piece them together to deliver an integrated analysis.
The Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index measures two primary categories:
- Footprint – Refers to the BPO’s online presence.
- Quality – Determined through a series of metadata points, including, domain authority, website traffic, employee reviews, LinkedIn engagement, and third-party analysis.
- Company size and revenue
The size of an organisation doesn’t necessarily signify that it’s the perfect outsourcing partner for most firms, but it’s a strong indicator that still needs to be considered. Assessing a company’s size and revenue is the easiest way to assess its prominence.
- Online prominence and reputation
The company’s online prominence and reputation are other important factors to consider. While these are two different aspects, their metrics and indicators complement each other.
For the Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index, some metrics that were used for the rankings include:
- Domain Authority (DA)
- Traffic analysis
- Metadata from LinkedIn, Crunchbase, ZoomInfo, and Glassdoor – among others
- Employer brand and practices
Outsourcing is erroneously associated with negative labour practices, including unjust wages and subpar working conditions. One bad partnership with a BPO with a wretched track record can reflect badly on the outsourcer, which can even lead to legal and regulatory scrutiny.
In accordance with this, the Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index highlights BPO providers with decent employer brands and good company cultures. Other indicators include Glassdoor rankings, community-centric portals and general media.
- Exclusion of variable subjective factors
The Global Outsourcing Firm (BPO) Index strives to provide an objective and comprehensive BPO evaluation. However, some variables need to be excluded, particularly in cases where the data is not universally available or is widely lacking in relevance and authenticity.
These variables include:
- Geographical location
- Access to particular languages